Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Joy - Brandon


Brandon is five years old and is our absolute joy! I received a phone call eleven days before he was born letting us know that we had been chosen to be the parents of this darling boy. My friends immediately took me shopping excited over the news of a little baby coming soon.

He was due March 6th but decided it was time to meet us a little earlier. I was living in Washington State and my husband was in Iraq with the US Army (he is now retired). After receiving the phone call that he had been born I called American Red Cross hoping that they would get a message to my husband that he was now a daddy. I then called my parents (who live in Utah) to see if they wanted to fly to CA and met their newest grandson. The reply was YES!!!! We had to get a flight out on a holiday weekend the very next day to get him. I was so scared, I was finally going to be a mommy. I will never forget holding my son for the very first time.


Rich called then next day as I was checking in at the airport, I told him (assuming he got my message that I didn't have time to talk as I was at the counter check in). He called again as I was going through security (no time to talk). After I had finally sat down waiting for the plane Rich called me again, he had no idea why I was at the airport so I was able to tell him in "person" that he was going to be a daddy (the people sitting close by starting smiling and telling me congratulations). He started crying we were so happy (he came home two weeks later).

Eight months later we were able to take Brandon to the Salt Lake Temple and be sealed together as a family. During the sealing Brandon held on to his daddy's finger as if he knew exactly what was going on.

Right now Brandon is in kindergarten and loves it. Brandon loves swimming and ice skating. We love going to hockey games, because Brandon fell in love with it. At our first game in DC during the intermission they had little kids come out and play hockey and he just thought that was the greatest thing ever. He also loves to swim, this kid loves water! He loves to do other things to like ride his bike or drive his car. He received several dump trucks and toys that he can play with out side and wants to go out and make "bug homes" for the worms. lol. He loves to go the the museums and see the dinosaurs, play with his cars, soccer with the dog and just do what little boys do.


Dinosaur museum

Swimming


Ice skating





Climbing rocks (Mt Vernon).



Driving his car.



Riding his "Spiderman" bike.

No comments: